Grilled summer fruit kebabs with a bourbon glaze are an easy appetizer or side dish for any backyard BBQ!
Grilled Strawberry Pineapple Kebabs
Yield: 8 skewers
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
For Bourbon Glaze:
- 2 Tbsp bourbon
- 4 Tbsp water
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 4 cups California strawberries hulled
- ½ fresh pineapple cubed
- First, make the bourbon glaze. Combine bourbon and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add sugar, stirring until it has dissolved.
- Add mint and vanilla, stir, and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Strain out the mint leaves and let the glaze chill.
- While the glaze is sitting, prepare the skewers with whole strawberries and pieces of pineapple.
- Heat the grill to 450°F.
- Place skewers at a diagonal across the grates of the grill and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Rotate the skewers and cook the other side for another 3 minutes, until the fruit has grill marks.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and drizzle with the bourbon glaze.
- Garnish with mint leaves and enjoy!
Serving: 1 skewer | Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g