Dessert. Everyone’s favorite word. Switch up your dessert menu with these layered Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Minis from Kristina LaRue. They’re a tasty spin on tradition, and a great way to get your eight strawberries a day. One serving of eight strawberries is filled with potassium, fiber and antioxidants. They’re also naturally sweet, yet low in sugar, making these Vegan Strawberry Cheesecakes a guilt-free option. Dig in!
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Minis
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- ⅔ cup raw pecan halves
- 4 Medjool dates pitted
- 2 cups whole raw cashews soaked and water removed
- 2 Tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- ⅔ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- ½ cup freeze-dried California Strawberries
- ½ cup fresh-sliced California Strawberries
- 6 medium California Strawberries sliced in half, for topping
We recommend soaking raw cashews in hot water for at least 15 minutes, or overnight.
- Using a high-powered blender or food processor, pulse pecans and dates together until ground. Add 1 tablespoon pecan-date mixture into each serving jar, and press into bottom to form crust.
- In same blender or food processor, add cashews, maple syrup, almond milk and sea salt. Blend slowly at first, and increase speed until mixture is completely smooth and creamy.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each serving jar, and spread to form even layer.
- Add ½ cup freeze-dried and ½ cup fresh-sliced strawberries to blender; blend with remaining cheesecake mixture until strawberries are fully incorporated and mixture is smooth.
- Divide strawberry-cashew mixture evenly into 8, 4 oz mason jars and spread to form layer; top each mini cheesecake with half a strawberry.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to set; keep refrigerated until ready to serve.