Did you know?Nutella came about as a way to extend the limited chocolate supply in Italy during World War II? Cocoa was being rationed in Italy, and Italian baker Pietro Ferrero (yes, that Ferrero) decided to use hazelnuts as a way to make his cocoa supplies last longer. The original recipe was updated in the 1960s and Nutella was born. We’re so glad that Nutella took off in popularity around the world, because it is a match made in heaven with California strawberries! The combination of smooth and creamy Nutella, fresh strawberries, and sweet banana melted between slices of crusty ciabatta bread makes this Strawberry & Nutella Panino recipe an instant favorite. You will definitely be adding it to your “best desserts” list, and your friends and family will be begging for seconds!
Strawberry & Nutella Panino
Servings 2 paninis
- 4 Tbsp Nutella
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4-8 fresh whole strawberries, sliced
- 1 banana sliced
- 4 slices of ciabatta bread
- 2 mint leaves optional
- Heat sandwich press or pan on stove to medium low.
- Spread thin layer of butter on bottom and top side of ciabatta roll. Spread Nutella onto both slices. Add sliced strawberries and banana and sandwich together.
- Lightly brown both sides in sandwich press or pan until Nutella begins to ooze out the sides.