Sometimes, the simplest of ingredients make for the best flavor combinations. This Strawberries and Cream Sandwich has only five basic ingredients, therefore it is super easy to make and delicious as a snack for work, after school, or late night cravings. Not only is this recipe tasty, but it’s also a healthier snack option you can feel good about. Strawberries are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C to support your health. Also, both strawberries and whole grains, like those used in wheat bread, have been shown to protect against heart disease. It’s a win-win!
Strawberries & Cream Sandwich
- 4 Tbsp low-fat cream cheese softened
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- Zest of one orange
- 4-8 California strawberries sliced
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, honey and orange zest.
- Spread mixture onto two slices of whole wheat bread.
- Add sliced strawberries on top of cream mixture and top with remaining two slices of whole wheat bread to create sandwich.