Brighten your summer with this vibrant, fresh chopped fruit salad! Your guests will be “ooh-ing” and “ahh-ing” while you place this gorgeous rainbow spectacle on the table at your next celebration. Recipe by Husbands that Cook.
Rainbow Fruit Salad
Yield: 16 cups
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 1 lb mandarin oranges or tangerines
- 2 large mangoes about 1 lb
- 2 medium granny smith apples
- Juice from one lemon for dipping the apples
- 12 oz blueberries
- 12 oz purple grapes about one large bunch
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp fresh grated ginger
- Wash all fruit under cool running water and blot dry with a paper towel.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries, then cut the berries in half. For larger berries, cut into quarters. Set aside.
- Peel the mandarin oranges and divide the fruit into segments, removing any excess white strings. Set aside.
- Peel and chop the mango into bite-sized cubes. Set aside.
- Cut and core the granny smith apples, then dice them into bite-sized pieces, briefly dipping the pieces into a small bowl of lemon juice to prevent browning. Set aside.
- In a large, wide serving bowl, arrange the 6 fruits into individual piles around the bowl, creating a rainbow color wheel effect.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the fruit, and sprinkle fresh chopped mint and freshly grated ginger. Toss to combine, then serve immediately.
Serving: 2 cups | Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin C: 89mg
2 Comments on “Rainbow Fruit Salad”
Lori southerngirleatsJune 3, 2021 at 1:06 am
I can’t wait to make this beauty!!
Mircea Ioan PopescuApril 7, 2022 at 1:51 am