You have to try this healthy treat by Gal of Something Nutritious. These delicious mini cakes are gluten-free and vegan, made with nuts, dates and fresh strawberries.
Raw Strawberry Cashew Cakes
Yield: 10 Cakes
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Potato masher
- Food processor or blender
- Large muffin tin
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries chopped
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup medjool dates pits removed
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ⅔ cup coconut cream
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine strawberries, maple syrup, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring every couple of minutes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat. Cover the pan to let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the strawberry sauce from heat and mash the strawberries with a potato masher. Set aside to cool.
- To prepare the crust, pulse the walnuts and oats in a blender or food processor until fine.
- Add the medjool dates and pulse until they’re fully chopped.
- Add the water, lemon zest, and salt, and blend until a crumbly dough forms.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper into 3-inch strips to place on the bottom of a muffin tin. This will help lift the cakes without needing to use muffin liners.
- In a muffin tin, place the parchment strips in 10 muffin slots.
- Place 1 Tbsp of the crust dough on top of the parchment paper and press down into the bottom of the tin. Be sure to reserve some crust dough to crumble on top of the cakes.
- For the filling, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Add 1 tsp of the strawberry sauce on top of the filling, and swirl into the center of each cake.
- Sprinkle the remaining crust dough on top of each cake.
- Place in the freezer to set for at least 8 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and pull out each cake.
If serving from the freezer, let the cakes defrost for 10 minutes to soften up. Can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months in an air-tight container.
Serving: 1 Mini Cake | Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 40mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin C: 18mg
2 Comments on “Strawberry Cashew Cakes”
NobodyFebruary 23, 2022 at 12:14 pm
I’m confused how this is considered raw when the ingredients are being cooked
CA StrawberriesFebruary 23, 2022 at 12:28 pm
You are right! Thank you for noticing and letting us know. The title has been updated to Strawberry Cashew Cakes. :)