Refreshing Agua de Jamaica, or hibiscus tea, is a tart herbal tea historically valued for its potential medicinal benefits. In this updated version, we added fresh California strawberries, a hint of sugar, and a bit of lime-flavored sparkling water for a fruity and fizzy upgrade!
Find more recipes here!
Refreshing Agua de Jamaica with California Strawberries
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 cups dried hibiscus flowers
- 8 cups ½ gallon water
- 2 12 oz cans sparkling, lime-flavored water
- ¼ cup sugar or no-calorie sweetener if desired
- 1 cup California strawberries
- 1 lime sliced
- Boil hibiscus flowers in water for several minutes. Remove from heat and let steep for 2 to 4 minutes, depending on desired strength.
- Add sparkling water, sugar, strawberries, lime and Agua de Jamaica. Serve over ice.