Strawberry & Fava Bean Salad with Pecorino! This recipe is a great salad, made with fresh California Strawberries! Did you know? Pecorino is actually a family of hard Italian cheeses made from ewe’s milk; Pecorino Romano is the most common variety in the United States. Under its Protected Designation of Origin status, Pecorino is primarily produced on the island of Sardinia, although production is allowed in a handful of other Italian provinces.
Strawberry & Fava Bean Salad with Pecorino
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Kosher or sea salt
- 2 cups shelled fresh fava beans about 2 lbs in pods
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh California strawberries stemmed and quartered
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 cups rucola wild arugula
- Pecorino cheese
- In a large pot over high heat, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and the fava beans. Boil 1 minute; drain and cool fava beans in ice water. Once drained, pinch one end and slip off tough skins of larger beans (skin on small beans is not usually tough). Discard skins.
- In small bowl, prepare salad dressing by whisking together olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice.
- In large bowl, season shelled fava beans and strawberries with salt and pepper. Add rucola and enough dressing to coat salad lightly. Mix gently and spoon onto a platter or 6 salad plates. With a vegetable peeler, shave cheese generously over salad. Grind more pepper on top.
Serving: 308g | Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 704mg | Fiber: 3g
One Comment on “Strawberry & Fava Bean Salad with Pecorino”
Top 22 Fava Bean Recipes That Please Everyone 2023December 29, 2022 at 12:52 am
[…] 7. Strawberry And Fava Bean Salad With Pecorino […]