Check out this unique – and delicious – spin on tiramisu from Cowgirl Chef! This strawberry tiramisu will hopefully inspire you.
The strawberries give this tiramisu an aesthetic pop of color, an extra punch of flavor, and tasty health benefits. In fact, just one serving of 8 strawberries a day is a great source of potassium, folate, fiber and antioxidants.
This strawberry tiramisu really does hit the spot – give it a try!
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder + more for dusting
- 1 cup brewed strong coffee
- 1 7 oz package ladyfingers (24)
- 4 extra large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 8 oz containers Mascarpone cheese
- 16 oz California strawberries hulled and thinly sliced
- Whisk the cocoa powder and coffee together in a medium bowl. Set this aside.
- Cut the ladyfingers into small pieces, about 1 1/2 inches long. Set these aside.
- Put the eggs, sugar, and pinch of salt in the top of a double-boiler over simmering water. Stir constantly for 5 minutes or until it’s slightly warm. Pour this into your mixer bowl with a whisk attachment.
- Whip the egg mixture until it’s very thick, about 5 minutes. Add the mascarpone (it’s fine cold, directly from the fridge) in spoonfuls while the mixer is running. You may lose volume, so let the mixer go until the mixture thickens again, for another 5 minutes.
- To assemble your tiramisus, dip the sliced ladyfingers one at time into the coffee/chocolate mixture, leaving them only for 1 or 2 seconds, then layer them in your serving glasses. (You don’t have to be too precise with the layering that comes next; in fact, you want this to more like a parfait than a traditional molded tiramisu.) Add a heaping tablespoonful of mascarpone filling, smooth it out slightly, then dust with chocolate. Add a few sliced strawberries. Repeat with the ladyfingers, filling, and chocolate dusting and decorate with a few sliced strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.