If you’ve ever wondered what to do with a bag of dried strawberries, wonder no more. This Slow Roasted Pork and Dried Strawberry Chipotle Chutney is the recipe you’ve been looking for. Juicy, slow roasted pork shoulder provides the perfect backdrop to showcase the smoky chipotle and sweet strawberry flavors of the chutney, making this a healthy, family-friendly meal that you’ll make again and again. Did you know that one serving of dried strawberries is half a cup? Learn more about strawberry serving sizes.
Slow Roasted Pork & Dried Strawberry Chipotle Chutney
Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder
- 4 - 6 lb pork shoulder or Boston Butt Roast
- Seasoned pepper blend
Dried Strawberry Chipotle Chutney
- ½ yellow onion
- ½ cup port wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 chipotle pepper chopped fine
- 1 6 oz bag dried strawberries
To cook Pork Shoulder:
- Heavily season roast with salt and pepper blend, rubbing the seasoning into the meat.
- Place in a baking pan, put into preheated 350 degree oven for 2.5 hours or until roast reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for about 15 minutes before carving.
To make the Dried Strawberry Chipotle Chutney:
- Combine the yellow onion and port in a sauté pan, reduce wine until almost dry over medium heat.
- Add all remaining ingredients and cook over medium low heat for 20 minutes.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 118mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 30gPrint