Sometimes, you just need to get a little fancy. These Strawberry Almond Ice Cream Sandwiches are the grown up, more mature version of the ice cream sandwich of your youth.
Almond Ice Cream Sandwich
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to Collection
- As needed chocolate striped almond sponge cake
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream
- 1 cup chocolate sauce
- 1 cup Diamante strawberry compote
- As needed crème anglaise
- As needed Dutch cocoa powder
- As needed whipped cream
- 4 almond sails
- 4 mint sprigs
- Use a 3” round cutter to cut 8 pieces of sponge cake from reserved cake.
- Set 4 - 3” bottomless ring molds or 4 identical sections of 3” ABS pipe on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place a cake circle in the bottom of each mold.
- Pack each mold with strawberry ice cream.
- Place a circle piece of cake on top of each and press down to make a compact sandwich.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour
- Place sandwich in center of chilled plate; spoon some chocolate sauce next to sandwich
- Lay strawberry compote over one edge of sandwich; dot plate with crème Anglaise and dust with cocoa powder
- Top sandwich with some whipped cream and garnish with almond sail and mint sprig; serve immediately.