Sometimes, you just need to get a little fancy. These Strawberry Almond Ice Cream Sandwiches are the grown up, more mature version of the ice cream sandwich of your youth.
Almond Ice Cream Sandwich
- As needed chocolate striped almond sponge cake
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream
- 1 cup chocolate sauce
- 1 cup Diamante strawberry compote
- As needed crème anglaise
- As needed Dutch cocoa powder
- As needed whipped cream
- 4 almond sails
- 4 mint sprigs
- Use a 3” round cutter to cut 8 pieces of sponge cake from reserved cake.
- Set 4 - 3” bottomless ring molds or 4 identical sections of 3” ABS pipe on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place a cake circle in the bottom of each mold.
- Pack each mold with strawberry ice cream.
- Place a circle piece of cake on top of each and press down to make a compact sandwich.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour
- Place sandwich in center of chilled plate; spoon some chocolate sauce next to sandwich
- Lay strawberry compote over one edge of sandwich; dot plate with crème Anglaise and dust with cocoa powder
- Top sandwich with some whipped cream and garnish with almond sail and mint sprig; serve immediately.