This recipe for strawberry and avocado tostadas is a good starter recipe for those looking to experiment with new ways to enjoy strawberries. You might also be pleasantly surprised at how delicious strawberries can be when added to savory dishes.
Strawberry and Avocado Tostadas
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2½ cups (about ¾ pound) California strawberries stemmed and quartered
- ½ lb jicama peeled and cut into ½-inch dice
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp minced jalapeño peppers
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 lb avocados peeled, seeded and cut into ½-inch dice
- 6 6" yellow corn tortillas
- Chili powder
- 6 Tbsp crumbled queso fresco
- 6 cilantro sprigs
- 1 lime cut into 6 wedges
- Heat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- In large bowl, mix together strawberries, jicama, cilantro, peppers and lime juice. Add avocados; fold together gently. Season with salt.
- Arrange tortillas on oven rack in one layer. Toast about 10 minutes or until crisp and starting to brown.
- Mound 1 cup strawberry mixture in center of each tortilla. Sprinkle each tostada with chili powder and 1 tablespoon queso fresco. Garnish with 1 cilantro sprig and 1 lime wedge.