We’re loving this Strawberry Avocado Farro Salad from registered dietitian Kaleigh McMordie! It uses strawberries in a lunch or side dish that’s so satisfying. Not only are strawberries delicious, there are so many health benefits that strawberries offer. One serving of eight strawberries provides a day’s worth of vitamin C. Paired with whole grains, herbs and avocado, this strawberry salad will be your new favorite way to get in 8 strawberries a day. Try it with grilled chicken or steak for a heartier meal. Enjoy!
Strawberry Avocado Farro Salad
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 2½ cups water or vegetable stock
- ½ lb California strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 oz goat cheese crumbled
- 2 Tbsp blush or red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp honey
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring water or stock to a boil. Add farro and simmer; cover 25–30 minutes. Remove from heat and drain any remaining liquid. Let farro cool completely.
- Add cooled farro to a large bowl with sliced California strawberries, diced avocado, basil leaves and crumbled goat cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (vinegar through pepper). Pour over farro salad. Gently toss to coat. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.