While this strawberry vodka looks fancy, it’s very easy to make. The best thing is that it can be whipped up any time of year by using frozen strawberries. It’s quite the aromatic and festive cocktail. Enjoy!
Strawberry and Lemon Vodka Gimlet
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 cups frozen California strawberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1½ oz vodka
- 1 oz strawberry syrup
- ¼ oz strained lemon juice
- handful of ice
To make the strawberry syrup:
- In a medium saucepan, bring the strawberries, sugar, and water to a simmer on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15-20 minutes until the syrup is thick and strawberries are very soft.
- In a large, fine mesh sieve set over a bowl, strain the syrup, but do not press on the solids. Chill syrup until at least room temperature. Use for cocktails or refrigerate for up to five days.
To make a single drink:
- Shake vodka, syrup, lemon juice, and a handful of ice in a cocktail shaker. Strain into small coupe glasses (or cocktail glasses of your choice).