A low carb lettuce wrapped BLT just like your favorite sandwich shop makes! This uses fresh California strawberries instead of tomatoes for a similar taste with a fun new twist! Recipe by Kendra of The Paleo Paparazzi.
Strawberry BLT Lettuce Roll-Ups
- 1 head of lettuce iceberg/romaine/butter
- 12 California strawberries sliced
- 8 slices of nitrate free bacon cooked
- 3 oz. or 6 slices organic turkey/chicken
- 2 tbsp mayo
- On a large piece of parchment paper layer 5-6 big lettuce leaves in the middle, as if they are one large single piece of lettuce.
- To the center add 3 slices of lunchmeat, 1 tbsp mayonnaise, 4 bacon slices and half of the sliced strawberries.
- Grab the top and bottom of the large lettuce layer, like you’re folding them in together, then start using the parchment paper to help you roll it up.
- Use the parchment paper to snugly wrap & roll like a jelly roll, tucking & tightening as you go.
- Tuck in the ends like you would a burrito or twist off ends very securely.
- Repeat steps above for second lettuce roll-up.
- Use a knife to cut roll-ups in half.
- Roll down parchment paper as you eat and enjoy!