This delicious velvety strawberry cream cheese pie recipe is the perfect Thanksgiving (or anytime) treat! It’s made with a homemade pie crust, a creamy filling, and a fresh strawberry topping. Recipe by Charmer Kitchen.
Strawberry Cream Pie
Yield: 1 9" Pie
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Pie Plate
- 2 cups flour
- 1 +1/2 stick cold butter
- 5 Tbls cold water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg white whisked
For the Batter
- 8- ounce package cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Strawberry sauce topping:
- 4 cups fresh strawberries stems removed and sliced
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Make the pie crust with a food processor: Place flour, sugar, and butter in a food processor and pulse 4-5 times. Pea-sized butter pieces should still be visible. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time and pulse 1-2 times after every tablespoon. Stop adding water when the dough starts to clump.
- Cover the crust tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the strawberry topping; In a small bowl mix cornstarch and water. In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups of strawberries, sugar, cornstarch mixture and lemon juice over medium-low heat.
- Stir frequently until strawberries release their juices, about 10 minutes.
- Use a potato masher or fork to crush the strawberries until mostly liquid. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Allow your chilled pie dough to warm up for about 5 minutes on the counter. On a lightly floured surface roll the pie dough out to a circle. Roll the dough onto the rolling pin and transfer to the pie dish. Trim the dough about 1 inch larger than the pan. Fold the edge under and crimp the edge with your fingers. Chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Blind bake the pie crust by putting parchment paper on top of the dough and weighing it down with pie weights (or dry bean). Bake for 15 minutes. Remove pie weights, prick the bottom of the crust all over with a fork, brush the inside of the pie crust with egg white and place back in the oven for 10 min.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the cold heavy cream into stiff peaks on medium-high speed, for about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and beat on low speed until smooth. Add the whipped cream and mix until well blended with a spatula.
- Spread evenly into prepared pie crust and place in refrigerator until set, at least an hour. Once the strawberry mixture has cooled completely, add the remaining strawberries and stir well.
- Pour over the cream cheese layer, piling strawberries toward the center.
- Return to refrigerator and allow to set for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight) before slicing and serving.
Can also be made with your favorite store bought pie crust.