The perfect fall meal, this farro bowl has some of the best ingredients, halloumi, creamy avocado, roasted butternut squash and juicy California strawberries. Goes perfectly paired with a Chardonnay from California Wines. Recipe by Dialas Kitchen.
Strawberry Farro Bowl with Grilled Halloumi
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 1/2 cup cubed butternut squash
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup California strawberries
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds toasted
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 160 grams Halloumi cubed
- Place the butternut squash on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of balsamic. Add add a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast at 375 degrees F for 15-18 minutes, turning halfway through. Set aside.
- Slice the avocado and strawberries. Toast the almonds in a frying pan until fragrant.
- Add the farro to a medium bowl and add the remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar + salt and pepper. Pan fry or grill the halloumi. And divide the farro into two bowls. Top with the strawberries, avocado slices, halloumi, almonds and butternut squash.