Fall for a taste of summer with this delicious strawberry bundt cake, using fresh California strawberries. Recipe by Maddie Bozanis.
Strawberry Bundt Cake with a Strawberry Glaze
Yield: 1 12" Bundt Cake
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Hand/Stand Mixer
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 c whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 c almond milk unsweetened
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 c powder sugar
- Strawberry juice optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12’ bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Next add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and lightly mix until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and gently mix it until just combined.
- Slowly add the milk and mix until fully incorporated. Then add the remaining dry ingredients until everything is combined.
- Pour batter into the greased bundt pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Add fresh strawberries to the batter and gently fold in until fully incorporated.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10-20 minutes and then invert onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
For the glaze:
- Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch and optional fresh strawberry juice (gives it that pink color). Drizzle over the cake and serve.