This delectable salad is a crowd pleaser! Sweet, juicy strawberries, crisp cucumber, thinly sliced shallot and creamy, crunchy herb panko crusted goat cheese medallions are served over a bed of mixed greens. Recipe by Le Petit Eats.
Strawberry & Fried Goat Cheese Salad
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 3/4 cup panko Japanese breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried herbs de Provence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil plus more as needed
For the salad:
- 6 cups mixed greens or lettuce of choice
- ½ cup strawberries sliced
- ½ cup cucumbers thinly sliced
- ¼ cup shallot thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup salad dressing of choice
- Slice goat cheese into rounds, either 4 large or up to 6 small. Shape the rounds into medallions and set aside.
- Place panko in a bowl. Add herbs de Provence and salt and mix until combined. Add beaten egg to a separate bowl.
- Dip a goat cheese medallion in the beaten egg and coat completely, then transfer to the bowl of seasoned breadcrumbs, tossing until fully coated. Place on a plate and repeat with remaining medallions. Place the plate in the freezer and chill for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss together the mixed greens, strawberries, cucumber and shallots in a large bowl. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Add vegetable oil to a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the goat cheese medallions and cook for about 2 minutes per side or until all sides are golden and crispy. Add more oil to the pan if needed during cooking to prevent sticking.
- Place the medallions on paper towels to drain and cool slightly. Lightly season with salt if desired.
- Toss salad with salad dressing and divide among 4 plates. Top each salad with goat cheese medallions.