A fun and tasty dessert that’s only three ingredients? Sign us up! This Strawberry-Ginger Sorbet from Mamá Latina Tips is naturally delicious and refreshing. No added sugar needed!
Thanks to California strawberries, this sorbet is light, nutritious, and full of vital nutrients like fiber, folate and potassium.
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 lb fresh California strawberries
- 1¾ cups 100% pure apple juice
- ¾ of an inch of fresh ginger root peeled
- Fresh mint to garnish optional
- Wash, hull and chop strawberries into quarters. Place them in a metal loaf pan. Pour in the apple juice. Grate the ginger root into the strawberries and apple juice mixture. Mix well.
- Cover the pan with plastic, and freeze until solid or freeze overnight. Take the pan out of the freezer 30–40 minutes before serving. Break the frozen block into pieces.
- Place the pieces into a food processor, and mix to desired consistency. Serve immediately; add mint if you like.