A fun and tasty dessert that’s only three ingredients? Sign us up! This Strawberry-Ginger Sorbet from Mamá Latina Tips is naturally delicious and refreshing. No added sugar needed! Thanks to California strawberries, this sorbet is light, nutritious, and full of vital nutrients like fiber, folate and potassium.
Servings 8 , ½ cup servings
- 1 lb fresh California strawberries
- 1¾ cups 100% pure apple juice
- ¾ of an inch of fresh ginger root peeled
- Fresh mint to garnish optional
If you want this to be ready to go for serving later or just don’t finish everything, return the sorbet to the metal pan, cover with plastic, and place back in the freezer. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Wash, hull and chop strawberries into quarters. Place them in a metal loaf pan. Pour in the apple juice. Grate the ginger root into the strawberries and apple juice mixture. Mix well.
- Cover the pan with plastic, and freeze until solid or freeze overnight. Take the pan out of the freezer 30–40 minutes before serving. Break the frozen block into pieces.
- Place the pieces into a food processor, and mix to desired consistency. Serve immediately; add mint if you like.