This 5-Ingredient Strawberry Icebox Cake is so quick to put together. It’s a delicious, cool treat with California strawberries layered with whipped cream and graham crackers. Recipe by Foodess.
Strawberry Icebox Cake
Yield: 6 Servings
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 oz graham crackers one sleeve, or 9 long crackers
- 1 lb fresh California strawberries hulled and sliced
- Line a 9" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whip the cream in a standing mixer (or in a bowl with a hand mixer) until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla and whip again for 10 seconds.
- Reserve 1 cup of the whipped cream to make sure you have enough for the top layer, as well as a handful of the prettiest strawberry slices.
- Spread ⅓ cup of the whipped cream on the bottom of the loaf pan. Top with graham crackers to cover the bottom, breaking them as needed to fit them in. Top with about ⅔ cup whipped cream, a handful of strawberries, more whipped cream, then another layer of graham cracker. Repeat, ending with the reserved whipped cream and pretty berries. You should have 3 layers of graham crackers and 3 layers of strawberries (including the top).
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before slicing. Serve slices right out of the pan, don't try to remove the cake.
3 Comments on “Strawberry Icebox Cake”
Teresa BaileyOctober 29, 2022 at 7:06 pm
Looks great! I can’t wait to get this one done
CeciliaOctober 29, 2022 at 9:29 pm
I am anxious to make the Strawberry Icebox cake.
It looks delicious.
CA StrawberriesJanuary 3, 2023 at 2:25 pm