Vibrant California strawberries pop in this salad filled with leafy greens, cucumber, avocado, feta cheese, chicken strips and a simple balsamic vinaigrette. Perfect summertime salad! Recipe by Elina Saiach.
Strawberry Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Grill pan or skillet
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
For the Balsamic Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper
For the Salad
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups fresh California strawberries halved
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1 ½ cups Avocado diced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup feta cheese
- For the chicken: In a large bowl, toss the chicken with olive oil, paprika, oregano, zest and lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set your grill pan or skillet to medium-high heat. Grill the chicken until lightly charred and cooked through, turning halfway through cooking, about 10 minutes.
- For the vinaigrette: Combine all the ingredients in a glass jar and whisk until smooth.
- To assemble the salad: In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, strawberries, avocado, cucumber, chicken, basil leaves and feta cheese. Toss well with thevinaigrette. Enjoy!