Strawberry mascarpone danishes are perfect for brunch! With a creamy mascarpone filling, almond streusel, and sweet strawberry topping, these golden and flaky danishes are simply irresistible. Recipe by Tutti Dolci.
Strawberry Mascarpone Danishes
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Food processor, baking sheets
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 sheets 1 1b of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp water
- 4 oz mascarpone
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 Tbsp honey warmed
- For the streusel topping, combine sugars, cinnamon, salt, and flour in a small bowl.
- Add melted butter and mix in with a fork until completely incorporated and streusel is crumbly.
- Stir in sliced almonds, then chill until ready to use.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unfold one puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured board and roll into a rectangle (approximately 9 x 14 inches). Use a sharp knife to cut the rectangle into 6 strips (approximately 1.25 x 14 inches each).
- Whisk together egg and 1 teaspoon of water in a small bowl. Working with one strip at a time, brush the strip lightly with egg wash.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet and gently twist the two ends in opposite directions several times (strips will resemble puff pastry cheese straws).
- Keeping the strip on the surface, start from the center and coil up the strip into a spiral, tucking the end under.
- Repeat with remaining strips, placing the spirals two inches apart on baking sheet.
- Brush tops lightly with egg wash. Repeat process with second puff pastry sheet. Chill danishes for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Combine mascarpone, sugar, honey, salt, and almond extract in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag, and pipe (or spoon) the filling into the center of each danish.
- Sprinkle danishes generously with almond streusel, saving approximately 1/3 cup.
- Freeze on baking sheets for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Top danishes with strawberry slices and sprinkle on the remaining almond streusel.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until danishes are golden, pastry is fully baked through, and the internal temperature reaches 200°F.
- Remove baking sheets from the oven and place on a wire rack. Brush the edges of the pastry with warm honey.
- Let danishes cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving