Crispy and golden Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas lightly fried to perfection are the perfect weekend treat! This Mexican-inspired dessert is filled with an easy strawberry cream cheese mixture and then rolled in a cinnamon sugar topping. Recipe by Isabel Eats.
Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Stand mixer or electric hand mixer
For the chimichangas
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries diced
- 8 low-carb soft-taco size flour tortillas
For the cinnamon sugar topping
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Make the cinnamon sugar topping by stirring together the sugar and ground cinnamon on a medium plate. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, granulated sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla extract to a medium bowl. Beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Fold in the diced strawberries until well-combined.
- In a medium skillet or saucepan, add 2-inches of vegetable oil. Heat oil on medium heat until it reaches 360-365°F.
- While the oil is heating, assemble the chimichangas by scooping two small spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture onto the middle of each tortilla. Fold opposite sides of the tortilla over the filling and roll it into a burrito shape. Secure the seam of each tortilla with a toothpick to make sure they don’t open when frying.
- When the oil has reached frying temperature, carefully place 2 chimichangas into the oil and fry for 60-90 seconds, turning halfway through, until lightly golden brown.
- Transfer chimichangas to a plate lined with paper towels to help remove any excess oil.
- Carefully remove the toothpicks, then roll each chimichanga in the cinnamon sugar mixture while still warm.
- Transfer to a serving platter and repeat with the remaining chimichangas.
- Serve immediately with any leftover cream cheese mixture.