This delicious strawberry orzo salad is perfect for summer! Enjoy it as a satisfying lunch, or serve it as a side dish with your favorite grilled protein for a fresh summer meal. Recipe by Something Nutritious Blog.
Strawberry Orzo Salad
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 cup orzo pasta uncooked
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine orzo in a small pot with 1 tsp of olive oil. Stir on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until orzo is lightly toasted.
- Add water or vegetable broth to the pot and stir. Cover the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer on low for about 15 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, season with salt, and stir. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the orzo cooks and cools, chop the strawberries, kale, and onion. Set aside.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until completely combined.
- Add the orzo, strawberries, kale, onion, cheese, and almonds to a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until evenly coated.