This strawberry salad with mixed greens by Savory Simple is bursting with flavor! It has a perfect flavor balance, with sweetness from the strawberries, saltiness from the feta, and a lovely acidity from the vinaigrette. For an extra kick, try adding optional quick- pickled shallots (recipe included in the notes). This step will add 30 minutes of prep time, but it’s mostly inactive and adds so much brightness.
Either way, this salad will be your new favorite healthy side dish. You can also add protein like grilled chicken or shrimp and serve this as a healthy meal!
Strawberry Pecan Salad
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 4 cups spring mix
- 2 cups California strawberries hulled and quartered
- ½ cup toasted pecans whole or coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup good quality feta cheese sliced or crumbled
- Optional: ¼ cup quick pickled shallots see notes
- Fresh ground black pepper for serving
Stone Ground Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar red wine vinegar may be substituted; see notes
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ - 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt or to taste
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the spring mix, strawberries, pecans, feta cheese, and quick pickled shallots, if using.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sherry vinegar, olive oil, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust flavors if desired.
- Add about ½ to ¾ of the dressing to the salad ingredients and gently toss until evenly combined. Taste and add the remaining dressing, if desired.
- Divide between 4 salad plates. Top each with some freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
One Comment on “Strawberry Pecan Salad”
Kelly KardosJune 16, 2021 at 12:46 pm
This salad is so summery and refreshing