This Strawberry Rhubarb & Rice Crisp recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and tart, easy-to-make, and seriously tasty! Recipe by Choosing Chia in partnership with USA Rice.
Strawberry, Rhubarb & Rice Crisp
Yield: 6 Servings
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 3 cups California strawberries cut in half
- 2 cups rhubarb cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cooked U.S-grown rice
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil solid
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the chopped strawberries and rhubarb to a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, cornstarch and maple syrup until combined and then add to the strawberry mixture, tossing everything together.
- In a food processor, add all the crisp topping ingredients and pulse until crumbly.
- Pour the fruit mixture into an 8×8-inch baking dish, then add the crisp topping.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Serving: 1 serving | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 2.5g | Fat: 8g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g