Naturally sweet California strawberries shine in these Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes. They are so easy to make and will please any crowd, so go ahead and give them a try!
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1½ cups flour plus 2 Tbsp
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar plus 2 Tbsp
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 6 Tbsp non-fat plain Greek yogurt room temperature
- 3 cups diced strawberries
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 batch of your go-to buttercream frosting or store bought
To make Cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with 18 paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 8 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating them in thoroughly between each and scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the vanilla, and mix well.
- Reduce the speed to low, and add the flour mixture in two batches, alternating with the Greek yogurt. Beat until well incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 18 lined muffin cups, about 1/4 cup in each.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
- Stir the honey into the diced strawberries and mix well.
- Spoon buttercream frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out a hole in the center of each cupcake. Fill the hole with 1-2 teaspoons of the strawberry mixture. Then pipe a large round of the buttercream around the strawberry filling. Top off with more strawberry filling.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.