The perfect gluten free and plant based summer treat made made with good-for-you ingredients like California strawberries, coconut milk, and lemon. This recipe is primarily sweetened naturally by the strawberries and maple syrup, and requires only 10 minutes of hands-on time. Recipe by Dancing for Donuts.
Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles
Yield: 10 Pops
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Popsicle Mold, Blender
- 25 strawberries
- 1 ⅓ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener like coconut sugar or monk fruit zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup maple syrup 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 graham crackers pulsed in a food processor or crushed to make crumbs 2 tbsp plant butter
- For the ﬁrst layer, crush 10 strawberries in a small bowl and stir in the 2 tbsp of granulated sweetener. Set aside.
- For the second layer, add to a blender the remaining strawberries, coconut and almond milks, lemon zest and juice, maple syrup, and vanilla. Pulse to combine.
- In a third bowl, use a fork to mix the plant butter and graham crackers to form the “shortcake” crumbles.
- Pour each layer into the popsicle mold - the crushed strawberries, then strawberry and coconut milk mixture, then graham cracker crumbles. Gently tap the crumbles into the popsicles so they freeze together.
- Let sit in the freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight before carefully removing from the popsicle mold and enjoying!