Strawberry Mousse Cake
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to Collection
- 12.5'' Sheet Cake Pan
For the Strawberry Mousse
- 2 ¼ cups fresh strawberries halved
- 1 ¼ cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 white eggs
For the Cake
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup whole-milk yogurt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups strawberries chopped
- Prepare the Strawberry Mousse: In a blender add the strawberries and 1 cup of the sugar and puree. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg white with ¼ cup of the sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold the strawberry mixture gently into the stiffened egg whites with a rubber spatula until fully incorporated. Refrigerate for at least 1hour.
- Once the mousse is cooled, prepare the cake. Preheat the oven to 325F/ 165C and line the baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter and sugar until combined. Add the eggs one at the time, then the yogurt and vanilla and stir to combine. Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix until combined. 5.Pour half of the batter into the bottom of the prepared pan and smooth. Add the a strawberries to the remaining batter and fold. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Bake for 60 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Let cool in the pan completely.
- Swirl the mousse over the cake and top with strawberries