Looking for a fun twist on the traditional strawberry shortcake? These Strawberry Shortcake Sliders are just what you need in your life. Sweet California strawberries and fresh whipped cream top these fun shortcake sliders, making them the best go-to dessert choice for the whole family. We love this summertime favorite!
Strawberry Shortcake Sliders
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1½ Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 Tbsp cold unsalted butter cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 - 1½ cups heavy cream
- 4 cups stemmed whole fresh California strawberries
- 1 cup simple syrup
Whipped Cream Topping
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cups stemmed and sliced fresh California strawberries
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Mint chiffonade
To make Shortcake:
- Sift flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- With a fork or pastry cutter, cut butter into flour mixture until large crumbles form.
- Stir in 1 to 1½ cups cream (enough so that dough holds together and is soft but not sticky).
- On a floured surface, knead dough lightly a few times to form a ball. Pat into a ½-inch-thick circle. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- With a 2 in. round cutter, cut dough into 12 circles. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet; bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.
To make Strawberry Sauce:
- In a saucepan, simmer 4 cups whole strawberries with simple syrup until jam-like consistency; cool.
To make Whipped Cream Topping:
- Whip ¾ cup cream with vanilla and 1 tablespoon sugar until soft peaks form.
- Cut shortcakes in half horizontally. Place 3 shortcake bottoms on each of 4 plates. Top with strawberry sauce, whipped cream and sliced strawberries, dividing ingredients evenly.
- Place tops on shortcakes; dust with confectioner’s sugar and sprinkle with mint.