These strawberry shrimp lettuce cups are the perfect combination of sweet, savoury, and refreshing! Paired with peanut sauce, these can be enjoyed as a meal or appetizer. Recipe by Carrie Walder, MS, RD
Strawberry Shrimp Lettuce Cups
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 36 large shrimp thawed, deveined + tails removed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- approx. 12 leaves of Bibb Butter, or Romaine lettuce
- black pepper to taste
- optional garnish: chopped green onion
- Peanut Sauce:
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp water or to desired consistency
- Make peanut sauce by whisking together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Feel free to add additional water until sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Toss shrimp in olive oil. Heat a pan to medium-high and cook shrimp for 1-2 minutes each side, until pink and opaque. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked quinoa with chopped strawberries, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Place individual leaves of lettuce on a plate. Top with a small amount of strawberry-quinoa mixture and 3 shrimp per cup.
- Top each cup with a drizzle of peanut sauce, freshly cracked black pepper, and chopped green onion. Enjoy!