These strawberry shrimp lettuce cups are the perfect combination of sweet, savoury, and refreshing! Paired with peanut sauce, these can be enjoyed as a meal or appetizer. Recipe by Carrie Walder, MS, RD
Strawberry Shrimp Lettuce Cups
Yield: 12 Lettuce Cups
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 36 large shrimp thawed, deveined + tails removed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- approx. 12 leaves of Bibb Butter, or Romaine lettuce
- black pepper to taste
- optional garnish: chopped green onion
- Peanut Sauce:
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp water or to desired consistency
- Make peanut sauce by whisking together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Feel free to add additional water until sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Toss shrimp in olive oil. Heat a pan to medium-high and cook shrimp for 1-2 minutes each side, until pink and opaque. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked quinoa with chopped strawberries, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Place individual leaves of lettuce on a plate. Top with a small amount of strawberry-quinoa mixture and 3 shrimp per cup.
- Top each cup with a drizzle of peanut sauce, freshly cracked black pepper, and chopped green onion. Enjoy!
Recipe as written should make about 12 cups, but this may vary depending on size of lettuce used. Recipe will take about 20 minutes longer than noted if cooking quinoa from scratch.