These Strawberry Rolls are super soft, fluffy and filled with a homemade strawberry preserve and topped with a delicious strawberry cream cheese frosting. Recipe by Elina Saiach.
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 13x 9-inch baking dish
For the Strawberry Preserve
- 1 ½ pounds California Strawberries sliced
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
For the Brioche Dough
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 ¼ tsp instant yeast
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp butter at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
For the Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 tbsp butter at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup strawberry preserve
- Place the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a medium sauce pan, then bring to boil over medium heat. Cook stirring occasionally, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In the bowl of stand mixer, combine milk, yeast and sugar. Add the butter, eggs, flour and salt and mix, about 5 minutes. If you don’t have a stand mixer with a hook attachment, knead by hand for 8 minutes. Cover the bowl and let rest for 1 hour. Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Punch the dough and roll into a 12x18-inch rectangle. Spread the preserve, roll up the dough and cut into 12 rolls. Arrange them into the prepared baking sheet. Cover the pan and let rise 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and bake the rolls for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. Mix the butter, cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the strawberry preserve and combine. Spread the icing over the warm rolls.