Strawberry Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 12 cup muffin pan, electric mixer
For the cupcakes:
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 12 small strawberries hulled
For the vanilla bean frosting:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- Seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (or using a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes or until thick and fluffy, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until combined. Add vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Scrape down the bowl and reduce mixer speed to medium. Add the flour mixture in thirds, alternating with the buttermilk, mixing to combine each time. Beat until smooth, scraping down the bowl as necessary. Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before moving on to the next step.
- Using a paring knife, core out a hole in each cupcake. Press one strawberry, pointed side down, into each of the cupcakes.
- To make the frosting, cream together butter and vanilla bean in the bowl of an electric stand mixer until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar, salt, cream and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes as desired.