What could be better than a scratch made strawberry, basil and burrata pizza? Making it heart shaped, of course! Make this recipe for your loved ones or yourself! Recipe by Denisse of Le Petit Eats.
Heart Shaped Strawberry Basil Pizza
Yield: 2 9-10 inch pizzas
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Food processor, pizzastone (both optional)
For the dough:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour or bread flour plus more for kneading
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more as needed
For the toppings:
- 6 tablespoons homemade or store bought pesto divided
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella divided
- ½ cup strawberries hulled and sliced; divided
- 2 shallots sliced; divided
- 4 ounces burrata divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil sliced into thin ribbons; divided
- Flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add flour, yeast, salt and olive oil to a food processor. Turn the machine on and gradually add 1 cup of lukewarm water through the feed. Process until the mixture forms a tacky ball, about 30 seconds. If the mixture is too dry, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and process for 5 to 10 seconds after each addition. If the mixture is too wet, add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, and process after each addition. This step can also be mixed by hand in a large bowl using a wooden spoon.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead into a ball. Place into an oiled bowl and cover. Let rest at room temperature in a warm, draft-free area until the dough doubles in size, 1 to 2 hours.
- Cut the dough in half and form into two balls. Heat the oven to 500 degrees F. Cover and let the dough rest for about 20 minutes while the oven preheats.
- Press one dough ball into a 1/2-inch-thick flat round, adding flour to the work surface as necessary. Press or roll the dough to desired thickness, then stretch and form into a heart shape. Transfer the dough onto a preheated pizza stone sprinkled with cornmeal or flour, or an oiled baking sheet.
- Brush the edges with olive oil. Spread 2-3 tablespoons of pesto evenly onto the dough. Top with 3 ounces mozzarella, 1/4 cup of strawberries and 2 ounces of burrata. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden and crisp and cheese is bubbling. For a crispier crust, set the oven to broil during the last few minutes of baking.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with 1 tablespoon of sliced basil. Season with flaky salt and freshly ground pepper and serve immediately.
- Repeat steps 4-6 with the second ball of dough.
Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 53.3g | Protein: 21.8g | Fat: 23.5g | Saturated Fat: 7.5g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 1160mg | Fiber: 2.2g | Sugar: 8g
2 Comments on “Heart Shaped Strawberry Basil Pizza”
Sherry WilhiteJuly 6, 2022 at 11:02 am
This sounds really simple and tasty very light . Great summer pizza lunch or early dinner . I am going to make this today. I will post it on Instagram and tag castrawberries I really like trying new and easy recipes.Really appreciate this recipe.
CA StrawberriesJuly 6, 2022 at 11:10 am
Sounds great! Don’t forget to tag it with #millionwaystostrawberry and @castrawberries to enter to win this month’s challenge! :)