These charming strawberry unicorns by Sugar and Charm are perfect for a birthday party or a fun DIY strawberry snack to make with your kids! They’re not only incredibly tasty, but so cute and whimsical!
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Parchment paper, toothpicks, piping bag
- You can use 2-4 colors of candy melts. Fully up to you!
- If you can find gold shimmer fondant, you can skip the painting, part making it easier to make the horns.
- 4 oz white fondant
- Edible gold paint
- Edible gold glitter
- 4 cups candy melts 1 cup of each color
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 8 whole strawberries
- ½ cup fancy sprinkles
- ½ cup chocolate morsels
- First, make the unicorn horns. Using a little white fondant, roll it into a small cone about 1/2” tall.
- Paint the white fondant with edible gold paint and dust it with edible gold glitter. Set them aside and let them dry.
- In separate bowls, measure one cup of each color of candy melt and microwave for 1 minute to melt each color.
- Add in 1 tsp vegetable oil to each bowl of melted candy to make the consistency a little smoother and easier for dipping.
- Dip a whole strawberry in a color and place it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- To make marbled colored strawberries, pour a little of each candy melt in one bowl and then dip and twirl a strawberry into the candy for a magical color!
- Before the candy melt dries on the strawberry, add the horn towards the top of the strawberry, and then add sprinkles around the horn. Set on parchment paper to dry.
- Place the chocolate morsels in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate to a small piping bag and cut a tiny hole at the bottom to pipe on the eyes.
- Pipe on the eyes about ¼ inch below the horn.
- Using a small spoon, lightly dust edible gold glitter over the top for the finishing touch!