When you need a quick and easy appetizer to please a crowd, give these Blue Cheese Stuffed Strawberries a try. Created by dietitian Christy Wilson of Christy Wilson Nutrition, they are a sweet and savory bite-sized treat perfect for any get together.
- 1 lb strawberries (whole) (slicing these in ½)
- 6 oz blue cheese crumbles (using 2 ounces)
- 4 oz bag of walnut pieces (using 2 ounces, crushed)
- 3 oz package of prosciutto (sliced into ribbons)
- With a pairing knife, cut strawberries lengthwise, through the top, leaving leaves on each side. Remove a small portion of the center to create a cavity. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix ½ cup (2 oz) blue cheese and ¼ cup crushed walnuts until combined.
- To prepare, lay ½ strawberry over the center of a ribbon of prosciutto, cavity side up. Wrap prosciutto around and over the front.
- Place a dollop (½ tsp) of cheese mixture in the center of each strawberry half. Serve immediately.