A Delicious ComboFresh strawberries and vanilla yogurt has got to be one of our all time favorite combinations, not only because of the great flavors but also because they’re both so healthy! The cool, creamy yogurt matches perfectly with the naturally sweet, juicy goodness of strawberries, and together they provide free-radical fighting antioxidants, tons of vitamin C, protein, and gut-healthy, live, active cultures. The only thing that could make this treat even better is making it portable, and Michelle Smith at The Whole Smiths did just that when she created this impossibly easy Strawberry Yogurt Bark recipe featuring beautiful California strawberries. This easy recipe is great for making with the kids and can be taken as an on-the-go snack, packed easily into school lunches, or enjoyed at home straight out of the freezer. Feel free to use whatever type and flavor of yogurt you prefer – Greek yogurt, non-dairy options, and fruit flavored yogurts all work wonderfully. The honey drizzle is optional, but we highly recommended it for an added touch of sweetness. You could also personalize this a bit by adding other mix-ins such as graham cracker pieces for a strawberry cheesecake twist, or coarsely chopped almonds for a bit of crunch.
Strawberry Yogurt Bark
- 2½ cups diced fresh California strawberries
- 2 cups non-fat vanilla yogurt or flavor of your choice
- ½ cup melted coconut butter
- Honey to drizzle optional
Frozen or dried strawberries can be used in addition to or instead of fresh. If using dried, adjust amount to your preference. Try adding other mix-ins such as graham cracker pieces, chopped nuts, or chocolate chips.
- Line a 9½ x 13 in. rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add 2 cups of the strawberries, yogurt, and coconut butter to a large bowl and stir to combine. Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining strawberries on top and drizzle with honey (optional). Freeze for 8 hours minimum.
- To serve, break apart a piece of the bark and enjoy!