When you need a quick and easy appetizer to please a crowd, give these Blue Cheese Stuffed Strawberries a try. Created by dietitian Christy Wilson of Christy Wilson Nutrition, they are a sweet and savory bite-sized treat perfect for any get together.
Blue Cheese-Stuffed Strawberries
Yield: 20 servings (1 serving = 2 berry halves)
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 lb strawberries whole (slicing these in ½)
- 4 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 2 oz bag of walnut pieces
- 3 oz package of prosciutto sliced into ribbons
- With a paring knife, cut strawberries lengthwise, through the top, leaving leaves on each side. Remove a small portion of the center to create a cavity. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix blue cheese and crushed walnuts until combined.
- To prepare, lay ½ strawberry over the center of a ribbon of prosciutto, cavity side up. Wrap prosciutto around and over the front.
- Place a dollop (½ tsp) of cheese mixture in the center of each strawberry half. Serve immediately.
Serving: 35g | Calories: 55kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 134mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g