Looking for a unique, refreshing beverage using strawberries? Try this strawberry horchata recipe from Mama Latina Tips. Not only is it yummy and satisfying, it’s an easy way to incorporate a serving of 8 strawberries into your diet.
Plus, since California strawberries are available all year long, you can make this throughout the year. Try it out!
- 2 tablespoons rice flour or brown rice flour
- 1 small cinnamon stick (or about 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon)
- 1 cup almond beverage
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ pounds of strawberries, plus a few extra for garnishing, washed and hulled
- 6 cups of water
- Mix rice flour, cinnamon stick and almond beverage in a blender or food processor until cinnamon is completely pulverized. Pour into a small pot and warm over medium-high heat until it starts to boil. Add vanilla extract, turn the heat off and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine strawberries (remember to leave a few extra for garnishing), condensed milk and one cup of water. Mix until well integrated and as smooth as possible.
- Strain rice flour mixture into the water, pour the strawberry-condensed milk mixture and mix well. Adjust for sweetness.
- Either cut in half or chop strawberries to garnish the glasses.
- Chill or pour over ice and serve.