Here’s a delicious Strawberry Oat Bars Recipe! This recipe is great for any event, made with fresh California Strawberries!
Strawberry Oat Bars
Serves: 24 Bars
- 1¼ cup oats
- 1½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup chopped raw cashews (or other nuts)
- 5 cups sliced strawberries
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the oats, whole wheat pastry flour, cinnamon and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the oats are finely ground.
- Add the butter and pulse until the mixture forms large crumbs.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg and canola oil. With the motor running, slowly pour in the egg mixture. Process until the mixture starts to stick together.
- Transfer ¾ cup of the mixture to a bowl and stir in the nuts. Set aside for the topping.
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan to form a crust.
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, 6 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Spread the strawberry mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle the reserved nut mixture over top.
- Bake until the topping is starting to brown and the fruit is bubbling, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack, then transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes (this will help with cutting and serving the bars).
- Cut into 24 pieces.