Chicken Flautas with Strawberry Pico de Gallo
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
For Chicken Flautas:
- 1 qt. water
- 4 parsley sprigs
- ½ medium white onion
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ chicken breast
- 12 6 ” corn tortillas
- 2 cups vegetable oil
For Strawberry Pico de Gallo:
- ¼ cup red onion sliced
- 1 mango cubed
- 1 habanero pepper diced
- 8 strawberries chopped
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- Dash salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- 2 cups lettuce chopped
- 1 cup crumbled cotija cheese
For the Chicken Flautas:
- Fill a saucepan with the water and add parsley, onion, salt, and chicken breast.
- On medium high heat, bring the water to a boil and then reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and shred the chicken.
- Roll the chicken in the tortillas to form the flautas and hold them together with a toothpick to prevent them from opening.
- Heat vegetable oil in a fry pan to medium heat. Fry the flautas in hot oil until golden; drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
For the Strawberry Pico de Gallo:
- In a bowl, mix together red onion, mango, habanero, strawberries, olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve three flautas per person and top with lettuce, cheese and strawberry pico de gallo.