Chocolate Lava Cakes with Strawberry Sauce
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 8 oz. ramekins
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil plus more for greasing
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan, add frozen strawberries, water, honey and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes, occasionally mashing strawberries to break them down into a thick mixture.
- Remove strawberry sauce from heat. Let cool while cakes are prepared.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease ramekins with coconut oil and set aside.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each until completely melted and smooth. Set melted chocolate aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs. Add salt, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, and melted chocolate; mix until smooth. Fold in the flour and blend until well combined.
- Evenly pour the cake batter into two 8-ounce ramekins and bake for 12-14 minutes until the sides are set and center remains gooey.
- Remove cakes from oven and set aside to cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife around the edge of ramekins to loosen cakes, then turn over onto dessert plates, tapping the bottom of the ramekin to release the cakes.
- Spoon strawberry sauce over the top of each cake, dust with powdered sugar, and serve warm.