This simple salad is packed with delightful flavor combinations that will have your taste buds wanting more.
Mixed Greens Strawberry Salad
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 tsp honey
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups field greens or lettuce of choice
- ½ cucumber sliced
- 1 carrot julienned
- 5 medium California strawberries stemmed and halved
- 2 Tbsp goat cheese
- ¼ cup pistachios chopped
- In small bowl, whisk together the honey, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper; set aside.
- After preparing and chopping all salad ingredients, add a layer of greens to the bottom of a shallow serving dish.
- Arrange cucumbers, carrot slices and strawberries on top of lettuce.
- Garnish with goat cheese and pistachios, and drizzle dressing over the top.
Serving: 0.5 Salad | Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 440mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin C: 42mg
8 Comments on “Mixed Greens Strawberry Salad”
EvieFebruary 7, 2021 at 7:10 pm
Sounds interesting. But why the goat cheese, could I use some other cheese
CA StrawberriesFebruary 8, 2021 at 9:49 am
You can absolutely swap the goat cheese with another type of cheese!
MAZDecember 30, 2021 at 2:28 am
Im so suprised my 4yo and 7yo plus hubby loved this can I use a different nut any suggestions? Used fetta instead of goat cheese
CA StrawberriesJanuary 3, 2022 at 10:06 am
So glad your family enjoyed the salad! It would also work well with walnuts, slivered almonds, pecans or even roasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
ShannonJuly 2, 2022 at 3:57 pm
This is so delish! I used what we had on hand. Leftover shredded iceberg lettuce, some shredded mixed greens, and chives from the garden with slivered almonds and feta. It would be good with any combination of nuts/seeds or cheese. I really wish I could share a picture. It was so colourful!
CA StrawberriesJuly 5, 2022 at 9:01 am
That’s great to hear! Thanks for sharing.
Ruth FlahertyApril 17, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Would it work with feta cheese instead?
CA StrawberriesApril 17, 2023 at 2:16 pm