Switch up your regular cranberry sauce this Thanksgiving by adding strawberries! Use it to accompany your turkey, spread it on toast, or use it in a cocktail.
Cranberry Strawberry Sauce
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Wait Time 3 hours
Total Time 3 hours 25 minutes
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 cups cranberries frozen
- 2 cups strawberries frozen
- 2 tsp orange zest
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cranberries and bring the pan to a boil. Stir until the berries pop and the consistency thickens.
- Add the strawberries and stir well. Add orange zest and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from heat and let it cool.
- Refrigerate the sauce overnight to let it thicken. If you cannot wait for it to sit overnight, let it sit for at least 3 hours.
Serving: 0.5 cup | Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Sodium: 1mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19gPrint