Switch up your regular cranberry sauce this Thanksgiving by adding strawberries! Use it to accompany your turkey, spread it on toast, or use it in a cocktail.
Enjoy the many strawberry benefits in this, and other tasty strawberry holiday dishes. This diverse fruit makes any meal better!
Cranberry Strawberry Sauce
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 cups cranberries frozen
- 2 cups strawberries frozen
- 2 tsp orange zest
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cranberries and bring the pan to a boil. Stir until the berries pop and the consistency thickens.
- Add the strawberries and stir well. Add orange zest and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from heat and let it cool.
- Refrigerate the sauce overnight to let it thicken. If you cannot wait for it to sit overnight, let it sit for at least 3 hours.
Serving: 0.5 cup | Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Sodium: 1mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g
6 Comments on “Cranberry Strawberry Sauce”
PatNovember 19, 2020 at 2:41 pm
Really good. I put a little less sugar as the strawberries help to sweeten it. Would make again. Very easy
CA StrawberriesNovember 19, 2020 at 2:52 pm
Great to know! Thanks very much for your comment!
JudyNovember 16, 2021 at 9:05 pm
I making this recipe for years, it’s the best cranberry sauce ever . I love the taste of the strawberries with the cranberries. Delicious on Brie with Crackers as appetizers.
CA StrawberriesDecember 6, 2021 at 11:57 am
That’s great to hear!
Rose caceresDecember 31, 2022 at 2:17 am
Thank you for sharing this recipe.
CA StrawberriesJanuary 3, 2023 at 2:23 pm
It’s our pleasure!