We love tacos! These Fish Tacos with Strawberry-Cucumber Salsa are so easy to make and even better to eat.
Fish Tacos with Strawberry-Cucumber Salsa
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Servings 4 tacos, 3 cups salsa
- ¼ cup fresh lemon or lime juice about 2 limes
- 4 Tbsp avocado oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 pound white fish fillets such as tilapia cod, halibut, sole
- 8 corn tortillas homemade ones are great!
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 pint fresh strawberries hulled and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 English cucumber or two regular cucumbers, peeled and seeded, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion shallot, or green onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and minced (optional)
To make Tacos:
- Combine citrus juice, 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a shallow baking dish or zip-top bag. Add fish, skin side up (if it has skin). Marinate, chilled, for at least 30 minutes but no longer than 2 hours.
- Discard marinade and grill or saute fish in a skillet, using the remaining 2 T oil as needed. Cooking time depends on the thickness of the fish, but it should take around 6-10 minutes. Fish should flake easily with a fork but not be too dry.
To make Strawberry-Cucumber Salsa:
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Store in an airtight container, chilled, until ready to use. Use this within 24 hours as it gets mushy if you store it longer.
- Slice fish into large pieces. Place a bit of cabbage on a tortilla, a couple slices of fish, then a spoonful or two of salsa.
- Garnish with lime wedges and chopped cilantro, if desired.
Serving: 1 TacoPrint