Classic, moist muffin made with fresh California strawberries, topped with a buttery crumble. Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack! Recipe by Sugar and Charm.
Fresh Strawberry Streusel Muffins
Yield: 18 Muffins
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
For the Muffin Batter
- 2 cups fresh strawberries chopped
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
For the Streusel Topping
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup salted butter cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Fill cupcake tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mash 1/2 cup of the strawberries with a fork. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oil, milk, egg, and vanilla extract. Lightly beat together.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add in the remaining chopped strawberries and stir gently to coat; then fold in the mashed strawberries.
- Slowly pour the milk mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and fold the ingredients together using a spatula. Mix just until the ingredients are incorporated, but do not over mix.
- Fill each liner 3/4 of the way full with strawberry muffin batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cubed butter for the streusel topping. Mix with a fork, breaking down the butter, until it starts to resemble crumbles.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over each filled cupcake tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes until muffins have risen and the tops are light brown.
Serving: 1 Muffin | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 211mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin C: 11mg