Chocolate Strawberry Tart
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 9-inch tart pan
- 8.8 oz 250 grams honey graham crackers
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate finely chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh strawberries thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the crust, combine honey graham crackers and salt in a food processor and pulse together to form crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until incorporated.
- Press mixture tightly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch round removable-bottom tart pan. Place tart pan on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake crust for 20-22 minutes, until deeply golden and set. Place baking sheet with tart pan on a wire rack and cool crust completely.
- For the filling, bring heavy cream almost to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Place chopped chocolate in a glass bowl and pour warm cream over chocolate. Cover the bowl with a plate and let stand for 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla.
- To assemble, pour 1/3 of the chocolate ganache into the cooled tart shell and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Add ½ cup of strawberry slices in a single layer. Pour remaining ganache over the strawberry layer, then carefully smooth with an offset spatula.
- Chill tart in the refrigerator for 1 ½ hours to set the chocolate. Once chilled, remove the outer ring from the tart pan and use a thin metal spatula to loosen the tart shell from the bottom round.
- Top with 1 ½ cups of fresh strawberry slices.