A light and fluffy gluten-free and dairy-free lemon and strawberry bread with a homemade low-sugar strawberry glaze. Recipe by Mia of Gathered Nutrition.
Gluten-Free Strawberry Lemon Loaf with Strawberry Glaze
Yield: 8 Slices
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
For the loaf:
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ⅓ cup vegan butter or coconut oil melted
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp xantham gum skip if your flour blend contains it
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup strawberries diced
For the glaze:
- ⅓ cup chopped strawberries
- ½ cup monk fruit powdered sugar*
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, milk, butter or coconut oil, lemon juice and zest, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, xantham gum, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until a mostly smooth batter forms. Fold in the diced strawberries.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf tin. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While loaf is baking, prepare the glaze. In a bowl use a potato masher or a fork to mash the strawberries, then stir in the monk fruit powdered sugar until well-combined. Set aside.
- Allow loaf to completely cool. Transfer to a large plate. and pour the glaze over the top. Slice and enjoy!
*If you use regular powdered sugar, you may need to add ½ cup more depending on desired sweetness. Note that this will increase the sugar content of the recipe. Nutrition is based on using unsweetened almond milk, vegan butter sticks, and monk fruit powder.
Serving: 1 Slice | Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 413mg | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin C: 12mg
2 Comments on “Gluten-Free Strawberry Lemon Loaf with Strawberry Glaze”
CherylJune 19, 2020 at 3:13 pm
This looks delicious! Would almond flour be a good substitute for the gluten free flour?
CA StrawberriesJuly 2, 2020 at 10:35 am
Hi there. We will check with the recipe creator and get back to you!