Gluten-Free Strawberry Lemon Loaf with Strawberry Glaze
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
For the loaf:
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ⅓ cup vegan butter or coconut oil melted
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp xantham gum skip if your flour blend contains it
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup strawberries diced
For the glaze:
- ⅓ cup chopped strawberries
- ½ cup monk fruit powdered sugar*
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, milk, butter or coconut oil, lemon juice and zest, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, xantham gum, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until a mostly smooth batter forms. Fold in the diced strawberries.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf tin. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While loaf is baking, prepare the glaze. In a bowl use a potato masher or a fork to mash the strawberries, then stir in the monk fruit powdered sugar until well-combined. Set aside.
- Allow loaf to completely cool. Transfer to a large plate. and pour the glaze over the top. Slice and enjoy!