We’re all about these easy gluten-free strawberry cupcakes by Gathered Nutrition. They are made with coconut flour. They have a fluffy and spongy shortcake-like texture, with a light and sweet flavor.
Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
Yield: 10 Cupcakes
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted and cooled
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp milk of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup fresh California strawberries finely diced (plus more, for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with 10 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter, eggs, honey, milk, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, sea salt, and baking powder. Use a whisk to combine everything into a smooth batter (the batter should be wet, don’t worry!), then fold in the diced strawberries.
- Use a cookie scoop (or spoon) to fill each cupcake liner ¾ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, top with whipped coconut cream (or regular whipped cream) and sliced strawberries.
Serving: 1 cupcake | Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 136mg | Sodium: 296mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g
One Comment on “Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes”
Emmy emberJune 16, 2020 at 6:43 pm
So delicious!!!! I added sugared rhubarb to the topping and it was a great added flavor. Thank you so much for the recipe!